Do you want to "Ask Mocha"?

SEND ALL QUESTIONS TO:
ask.mocha.carter@gmail.com

NOW YOU CAN, “ASK YOUNG YABB”
Get the MALE perspective on your questions from, behavioral analyst major, “Young Yab”



Friday, September 17, 2010

Torn

Torn: My bf cheated on me and I don’t now if I should stay with him or not. My friends say I should leave him because once a cheater always a cheater. I really love him but I’m hurt and embarrassed.  What should I do?
Mocha: first you need to leave your friends out of your relationship.  Second, did he just sleep with someone else or did he have another relationship on the side?
Torn: Just some whore that was flirting with him and he slept with her.
Mocha: You need to figure out if this was a one time thing or reoccurring. If he’s a serial cheater, leave him alone. If this happened once can you understand that just because a man may have cheated doesn’t necessarily mean he doesn’t love and respect you? Men are dumb and sometimes cannot think beyond their penis. If you are willing to talk about it, deal with it, forgive and move on, why not work it out IF you think he’s worth it? I don’t know the dynamics of your relationship. Are there children involved? Has it been years or months? Has he been good to you thus far? Will you be able to truly forgive and forget? Or will you be suspicious every time he leaves the house? Will you begin to check his phone, voice mails, and emails?  Can you, once you’ve talked about it, NOT use it up in every argument, at every chance you get?  Ask yourself these questions.
 If you can let it go, you may be able to salvage a good relationship and live happily every after, just understand with each fairy tale there is conflict. You have to be willing to work through the problems to ultimately be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment