Lust to love: I have been in a sexual now turned love relationship. It started out physical but there was always something there from day one. We both have strong true feelings for one another but the only problem is he is involved. I wasn't informed of this woman until about 5 months into our courtship. I had to ask him because I ain’t no fool and his behavior sometime made me feel that he had someone else. Nevertheless I know he loves me. He invites me to his football games, we talk everyday non stop and have a lot of things in common. I’m confused. I love this man for his kindness and effort to make sure I’m ok. What should I do?
Mocha: How long has he been in this other relationship? Is he married? That's the hard part about having a physical relationship; if it's purely physical, feelings should never be introduced. Most women cannot handle a physical relationship because most equate sex with love.
Just because he is concerned about you doesn't mean he wants to BE with you. He's just not a jerk and doesn't treat you like a "jump off" (and unfortunately, no matter how you try to rationalize, that is what the situation is.)
You have two choices:
1) Continue to be the woman on the side BUT keep your feelings at bay and play your position
2) Have a heart to heart with him about his relationship, about HIS feelings for you, where his other relationship stands, etc.
BUT
Be prepared if you express your feelings he could:
1) Leave you alone because it's too much emotion 4 him (when he already has a woman)
2) Feel the same way about you and want to have a relationship with you (but who's to say he won't do the same to you?)
"Just because he is concerned about you doesn't mean he wants to BE with you."
ReplyDeleteVery true statement..Most don't understand that if he is playing you it doesn't mean he is always going to come off as some rat bastard...he can be the sweetest guy and still play you...You have to learn to see pass the fuzzy infatuation goggles.