Do you want to "Ask Mocha"?

SEND ALL QUESTIONS TO:
ask.mocha.carter@gmail.com

NOW YOU CAN, “ASK YOUNG YABB”
Get the MALE perspective on your questions from, behavioral analyst major, “Young Yab”



Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Homebody's Girl

Homebody’s girl: I'm having a problem communicating w/ my BF. He is a home body and his version of going out is dinner. Every time I ask him to do something w/ me he always shuts it down and it makes me feel a way. I don’t want to force him to go somewhere and not enjoy himself but I'm tired of him not wanting to do anything. I'm really bothered by it to the point where I'm feeling disconnected. How do you think I should approach it? It’s starting to affect other aspects of the relationship because I feel that he just does not want to hang out with me. We talked about it and he still has no interest in doing anything I want to do and he never comes up w/ anything to do.
Mocha: You say you’ve already tried 2 discuss it and he wasn't receptive 2 your desires? Besides this, is there anything ELSE wrong in the relationship? If the answer is no, this is but a small issue. Figure out some sort of compromise. You can go out with your friends. Why lose of a good man if THIS is the only issue?
My question to you: is this something that u are not willing 2 compromise?
Why do you think he is so against doing what YOU want 2 do? What if something else comes up that you’re interested in and he “shuts it down”? Why have a man if u can't do the things u love and enjoy w/HIM?
Homebody’s girl: I don't think it’s a big issue; I just don't want it to develop into something bigger. He encourages me to go out with my friends but I want to include him in the things I want to do. I tried compromising and telling him we could do something he is interested in, but he just wants to stay home. I fear that I may get myself in trouble by going out without him all the time. He is definitely a keeper but I think part of his desires for me to do my own thing w/out him plays into my in securities.
Mocha:  By not keeping u on a leash and forbidding u 2 go out he's displaying a level of trust.  Do YOU not trust YOU 2 go out and not "get into trouble"? The key 2 "staying out of trouble" is remembering what an amazing guy you've got @ home. A little excitement is not worth losing the total package.

No comments:

Post a Comment